Translate

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Warcraft Film Review: The Warcraft Movie is Awesome; As Said by My Brothers and My Dad and Why I Kind of Agree With It

First of all, I am not saying Warcraft has the chops or recognition in rank of prestige acting, story telling and clear connection to the general audience. My whole family watched it on 3D because some dumb theatres still can't show the film in IMAX for whatever reason. As the film started, well you know, the people whispering knows what is going on and whatever place, name or character form of characters that are popping out of the screen. So to say, my brothers are all gamers of the movie adaptation and I have tried playing it once and I totally sucked at it so I stopped and moved on. My dad can't stop to enjoy it because he only wants a movie with a lot of action scenes whatever the story or whatever is happening as long as the screen shows fight scenes and explosions.


Not that I am complaining, I have a very high expectation for this film because of Duncan Jones whom directed the movie Source Code which I think I have watched at least 10 more times. That film is so good that when I followed the development of this film, all I can say is that, this adaptation is worth the wait and all I can say is that, I would treat my entire family with this one. Then, before I hit the theatres, I read for reviews and they are scathing like hell. Well, I still have to see it and keep my promise to my brother although I am kind of veering not to see it anymore.
Durotan played by Toby Kebbel; Image Courtesy of Universal


One thing I can truly say is that, if I would chose, this is way better than the last Transformers movie and other video game adaptations like Dwayne Johnsons' "Doom" which is cool enough but not with this one. I really had fun with this and now I totally would defend this film because, Mr. Jones tried his best to integrate the film in a way that even non-players would understand it at once. The film is done and it is irreversible if critics would say he should have done this and that. If that is the case, then why don't this critics went on the storyboard and then tried to fix the story if they wanted to be pleased. Huh, sorry but I really like the film. My friends would tell me Gods of Egypt is great but I would be a total 360 degrees with them and say "Hell no! That is the worst!"


This film has true gamers at its core and yet, to please all of them has to be a lot of burden for the creative team. They have done it well but not well enough to be appreciated by the general audience like "The Lord of the Rings" and "Harry Potter" series. But hey, those are literary masterpieces and the writing is there already with all the story cohesion, subtle commentaries and general appreciation from all.


Video game movie adaptation is the worst idea to be put into in a film because not all are gamers and the complicated storylines, interweaving character development and a lot of aspect are all considered unlike for book adaptations, where it is all linear and the story is already set. Correct me if I am wrong with my assumption and I would gladly hear it.


Suffice to say, for whatever reason, this film deserves another look and a second chance for a sequel because maybe that would sort out the curse of video game adaptation (I am looking forward to you too, Assassins Creed.) So go to the theatres showing this and raise a clan for them to appreciate this. Now I sound pitiful. Seriously, I love this film to have a sequel and yeah, the actors need to improve on their role, like seriously, I can't root for anyone of you, except for the baby with the Moises story-like arc.







































No comments:

Post a Comment